Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gen Con 09 Day 4

Sunday, August 19th
Well, last day. Green dress with corset in bag so I can get it put on and have Steve learn how to do it at the same time. Luggage ready to go and bursting at the seems with stuff. We checked out and then had the option to hold our bags in the lobby, but Steve decided that we should just drag the stuff to the garage he found that was cheap and load up now.

This was a fun trip.

I must have damn near tripped five times and landed on my face, the bags kept slipping, and even though it wasn’t that hot, the sweat was dripping of me by the time we got to the garage, only to discover that it was closed and you had to access the cars through the ramp in the front.

I was about ready to kill Steve.

We did get everything loaded and then tried to get breakfast at Cinnabon again only to discover it was closed. Stupid Sunday. Einstein’s was packed, but food is needed.

We got to the hall and I dragged Steve off to the corset place where he learned how to tie me up. He actually said it is pretty simple. Easy for him to say, he doesn’t have steel boning digging into his ribs!

We were wandering around the hall just looking when a woman came up to me.

“I just want to say you look lovely and to thank you for wearing a costume.”

And then she hands me a Gen Con 2009 Floor Costume Contest Ribbon.

I just about fainted.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

This wasn’t even my best outfit and it gets a ribbon! Heck, I wasn’t even planning to wear a costume on Sunday!

Needless to say in kinda made my Con.

Steve finally broke down and bought two of the Dwarven Forge sets. I subtly convinced him to only get the two and then got Lowell to get rid of him while I bought the third for his anniversary gift. Hehehehehehe!

We hung out with Lowell and Abe at the Rio Grande booth as they did their end-of-the-Con-drawing and that was actually fun. I almost broke down and bought all of PS3238 but decided not to as I had dropped a bunch at the Nene Thomas booth. Two of the prints will be donated to Babes With Blades, and one shall come home with me.

At this point it was starting to wind down, and even though the hall was more packed than I have seen it (attendance was apparently up this year despite the economy) things had been done, people seen, and, as much as we hated to admit it, it was time to go back to the real world. Abe, Lowell, and Steve also had BAD memories from last year when they were coming home and caught the traffic from the end of the Air and Water Show.

So home we headed.

The pictures were placed carefully next to my feat and the corset removed. We hit an Arby’s on 65 for late lunch/early dinner where I changed into normal clothes, and we are slowly making our way north on 231. I took a nap and now see storm clouds on the horizon…glad we didn’t get much more stuff, because tying it to the roof would have been a bad idea!

Home we go to Kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment