Monday, March 13, 2017

Music fit for a Matriarch...

As many of you know, I LOVE having a playlist for a show, and "Princess of Mars" is no different. While there wasn't much of an "arc" like there was for Irene, it still helped set the mood and became the work-out music as I got ready to squeeze into a green bodysuit that hid NOTHING...

So, without further ado, here is what Matriarch Sarkoja listens to as she gets ready to rule the Tharks support her hatchling, Tal Haljus, as HE rules the Tharks...

(In no particular order)

1-"Apocalypse" (Theme From "The Plan; Bonus Live Version) by Bear McCreary
    Long time readers will know my love of Mr. McCreary and my insistence that he appear at least once on ANY playlist...I will find a reason to include him. There is something alien about this song, something tribal, especially on the Live Version.

2-"Maelstrom" by Sirena
    You will be seeing MUCH more of these ladies on my NEXT playlist, but that is all I will say for now (no spoilers...). Haunting and pounding, it is the story of storm that you really can't win against.

3-"Welcome To The Jungle" by Guns N' Roses
    Alright, so not a jungle, per se...but don't tell Sarkoja doesn't have a LITTLE classic rock, especially one that ends with "its gonna bring you down".

4-"Paint It, Black" by Ciara
    I have adored this cover since I first heard it on the trailer for "The Last Witch Hunter". Forget what all those girls "dressed in their summer clothes" think...you don't need love...embrace the darkness inside of you...there will you find your power.

5-"Dragonland" by Thomas Bergersen
   I wanted something else instrumental and a little battle-back ground sounding. This struck me as the flowing and yet hard (which, if you've seen my weapons for this show...hehehe)

6-"The End Is Over" by Powerman 500
   Another rock song, very guttural and powerful.

7-"The Arena" by Lindsey Stirling
   Lindsey is a recent find, but already she had a prominent place in this and the next playlist. The first time I heard this song was when she premiered the video, so the decision to include this was influenced by the fact that it is set in a post-post-apocolyptic desert, but it is also very flowing and its called "The Arena"...I mean, come on...come see the show and you'll understand...

8-"Mirage" by Lindsey Stirling feat. Raja Kumari
   The play take place on a planet that is practically a desert...this needed to be included.

9-"El Dorado" by Two Steps From Hell
   This was the last song added because I didn't know how badly it needed to be on there until we started putting the show together...want to know why? Well, guess you'll just have to come and see us!

So, there we are. I am thrilled that Sarkoja gets some pretty awesome cuts. If you want to come see what this music has inspired, then get your butt over to Berger Park starting March 18th and running through April 1st. Tickets Can be purchased HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment