Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gen Con: T-Minus 1 Day...well kinda...

So, after a very long day, we all kinda got checked into the hotel and collapsed. So, this is being written on the 14, not the 13th...but whatever...

It was a day of happy reunions and much fun, as old friends joined us from the wilds of Tuscon...
Yes, those storm  clouds look ominous. Fortunately, this time around, it was just some rain and not an air elemental trying to kill us while we huddled in a Starbucks.

Getting to Indy before a certain time had become imperative as Steve had gotten an e-mail asking to attend an event: a book signing.

That's right. My hubby was being asked to be part of a book signing. Due to NDAs, I cannot tell you what he was signing, as it was not a public come up and smile sappily at the author and tell him how awesome he is as you meekly hand over your well worn copy of the book and ask him to sign it please and oh goodness how much you enjoy his stories...
This is me, being proud...yes, I know, I question my sanity sometimes...

Um, sorry, where was I?

RIGHT! On the road to Indy....

Blowing into town with time to spare, we got Steve's badge and headed to Hall D where the signing was to take place. We ran into Rob Schwalb, and, well, things just went downhill from there...

NSFW.

No, seriously, remove all children under the age of 13 from the room.

Alright, you have been warned.

Nice pus...I mean, kitty...

Steve has NEVER forgiven himself for introducing me to these books...

So, as I said, the signing turned out to be a bunch of the WotC guys stuck in a little curtained off area signing books until their hands bled. While they were doing that, I wandered around the Wizard play are to see what interesting things I could see...
Sweet Lich Queen.

Aww, thanks guys!

COPPER DRAGON! COPPER DRAGON!

 Afterwards, we waiting out the frantic scrabbling and signing by playing a few games of Aquarius.

This is the dawning of the age of...

Drinks at the Cadillac Palace (I WAS TWO FEET FROM WIL WHEATON! GAHHHHH!!! 12 year old me was fan girl freaking out!!!) were followed by a late night dinner at Steak and Shake, and then a weary trek to our hotel where sleep was the only option...

ONWARD INTO THE CON!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment